Top 5 Remote Desktop Apps For Mac
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day today. I just received some good news but for some reason, I am not that excited about it? What gives? I think I have a problem lol anyway, read on…
On this page you will find the most popular remote desktop programs for the latest Mac OS X that will allow you to connect to Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista and just about any Linux OS including Ubuntu, for free.
- What Is Remote Desktop?
- #1. Microsoft Remote Desktop App For OS X
- #2. Apple Remote Desktop App For OS X
- #3. Chrome Remote Desktop For Mac
- #4. Jump Desktop App For OS X
- #5. Royal TSX App For OS X
What Is Remote Desktop?
The term remote desktop refers to a software or operating system feature that allows a personal computer’s desktop environment to be run remotely on one system, but the concept applies equally to a server.
Remote access can also be explained as remote control of a computer by using another device connected via the internet or another network. This is widely used by many computer manufacturers and large businesses’ help desks for technical troubleshooting of their customers’ problems. There are various professional first-party, third-party, open source, and freeware remote desktop applications, some of which are cross-platform across various versions of Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, and Linux. Lets begin with a list of the best remote desktop software for MacOS, let us know if you want us to include your app here by contacting us.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience the power of Windows with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
• Access to remote resources through the Remote Desktop Gateway
• Secure connection to your data and applications with breakthrough Network Layer Authentication (NLA) technology
• Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
• High quality video and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage
• Easy connection to multiple monitors or projectors for presentations
• Print from Windows applications to any printer configured on your Mac
• Access local files on your Mac from your Windows applications
• Support for Azure RemoteApp
Microsoft Remote Desktop Screenshot
By far the best remote desktop app for Mac, especially if you plan to connect to a Windows computer. I have been using this app for the past 2 years and so far I can’t really complain, it’s free, fast and it works, but it is made by Microsoft lol, some of you might not like it just because of that, so lets continue with the list…
Apple Remote Desktop is the best way to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end-users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks — all from your own Mac.
-Easily copy and install software on remote Mac systems.
-Encrypt network data when copying packages and files.
-Configure a Task Server to assist with package installations on offline computers.
-Observe and control your Mac computers.
-Transfer files between Mac computers using Drag and Drop.
-Copy and paste information between any two computers.
-Prevent end-users from viewing the screen while you control their systems with Curtain Mode.
-Control Virtual Network Computing (VNC)–enabled computers including Windows, Linux and UNIX systems.
-Perform over a dozen commands securely on remote Mac systems.
-Remotely lock screens, sleep, wake, restart and shutdown of Mac systems.
-Execute UNIX shell scripts or commands on your client systems.
Asset Management and Reporting:
-Perform lightning-fast searches with Remote Spotlight search.
-Gather reports on more than 200 Mac hardware attributes.
-See reports on user logins and application use.
-Use a Task Server to assemble inventory reports, even from mobile systems not connected to the network.
-Automate routine management tasks
-Get started immediately with over 40 actions.
-Chain actions together to create powerful system administration workflows.
-Combine actions with other application actions to create end-to-end solutions.
-Save workflows as plug-ins to provide simple, customized interfaces to Apple Remote Desktop features.
Apple Remote Desktop App Screenshot
Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to remotely access another computer through Chrome browser or a Chromebook. Computers can be made available on an short-term basis for scenarios such as ad hoc remote support, or on a more long-term basis for remote access to your applications and files. All connections are fully secured.
Chrome Remote Desktop is fully cross-platform. Provide remote assistance to Windows, Mac and Linux users, or access your Windows (XP and above) and Mac (OS X 10.6 and above) desktops at any time, all from the Chrome browser on virtually any device, including Chromebooks.
Chrome Remote Desktop App Screenshot
This is as good as it gets because it is free and absolutely easy to get it working. You just need the Chrome browser on each computer you are trying to connect to and it works flawlessly, the only reason it is #2 instead of #1 on this list is because not everyone wants to install Chrome on their computers, again, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want Chrome but yeah, let us continue…
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you securely connect to any computer in the world. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
Integrated into OS X
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Sync connections using iCloud. Tightly integrated into Mavericks’ and Yosemite’s power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go.
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2, SBS Server
* RD Broker and Load balancer support.
* RD Gateway support
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP’s printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* Folder sharing
* International keyboard layouts
* SSH support
* The fastest VNC engine on the planet!
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
* Clipboard syncing
* Multiple monitor support
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize
Jump Desktop Screenshot
Royal TSX is the perfect tool for server admins, system engineers, developers, and IT-focused information workers using OS X, who constantly need to access remote systems with different protocols.
- Access and manage your connections
- Credential management
- Tabbed user interface
- Connection Plugins (Currently available: Remote Desktop, VNC, Apple Remote Desktop, SSH, Telnet, Web)
Royal TSX App Screenshot
Quick Links: Top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives On Mac OS X | Top 5 iTunes Alternatives On Mac | Top 5 Photoshop Alternatives On OS X | Top 5 BitTorrent Apps On OS X | Top 5 Mobile Device Management Apps | Spoof Your MAC Address On Mac OS X | Find Your Mac OS X MAC Address | How To Easily Upgrade OS X Server | What Is An OS X Server | What Is A Mac Mini | What Is An iMac? | What Is A MacBook Air? | What Is A Mac Pro |Download Black Girl Wallpapers | Download Rolex Watch Wallpapers
Apple’s Post Of The Day: Search iTunes App Store Without iTunes