Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great week thus far. If not, don’t worry, Friday is just around the corner, just hang in there! Lol anyway, read on…
Today we will focus on the best iTunes alternatives for your Mac. You might be wondering, why would someone want to find an iTunes replacement on their MacOS? The answer is simple, options are always a beautiful thing. By this I mean why NOT have a choice? Some people simply don’t like iTunes for various reasons and some of us are just curious if there is something better than iTunes. So with that said, lets take a look at some of these iTunes apps and let us see if they are worth your time.
Table of Contents
AnyTrans is an unique utility specialized in iPhone, iPad and iPod file management. It enables to backup, transfer and manage almost all iOS personal info and media files to PC/ Mac, to iTunes, or to Device. It’s the All-in-One, Full-Way and Super-Fast features that stands out among other similar iPhone iPad backup & transfer software.
All-in-One: The ultimate apple device manager utility supports to manage, transfer and backup data files up to 25 types, which makes it unique and significant.
Full-Way: Aiming to import and export files from your device or computer, AnyTrans is the Only tool to realize both-way transfer between Device and Computer, Device and iTunes, Device to Device.
Super-Fast: AnyTrans takes advantage of hyper-threading technology for multi-core CPU to improve its performance.
Features of AnyTrans:
- Import media from any computer, any iTunes library to any iDevices without erasing existing files.
- Transfer, sort out and organize iPhone iPad photos in the most comfortable way.
- Make any videos perfectly fit every Retina display, automatically;
- Browse, exploit and extract iTunes backup to find the files without performing a restore.
- Get messages, notes, voicemail, contacts, photos, music, Safari bookmarks, and anything used in everyday life from iPhone to computer.
- Rebuild iTunes library from iPhone or iPod, keeping playlists and ratings, in one click.
AnyTrans App Screenshot
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats. It has cue sheet, tagging support, MusicBrainz integration, and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
Kodi can do movies too! Supporting all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM. Kodi can import these movies with full posters, fanart, disc-art, actor information, trailers, video extras, and more.
The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors. Video nodes/tags and smart playlists can further organize your library for special interests, making specific screens for sci-fi, anime on your Mac OS X.
Kodi App Screenshot
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud from inside VOX.
• Access the largest database of the world’s music & discover new sound.
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
VOX Player Screenshot
Tomahawk is a music player that fundamentally changes the way music is consumed and shared.
It decouples the name of the song from the source it was shared from – and fulfills the request using all of your available sources.
Tomahawk has a familiar iTunes-like interface. The left column offers access to playlists, search history, favorite tracks, charts, and other categories
Tomahawk allows to install plug-ins for several different music services. Some of them include:
- Google Play Music
- Beats Music
Tomahawk App Screenshot
Clementine is a modern music player and library organizer.
Clementine is a multiplatform music player. It is inspired by Amarok 1.4, focusing on a fast and easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark, SomaFM,Magnatune, Jamendo, SKY.fm, Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com,Soundcloud, Icecast and Subsonic servers.
- Search and play songs you’ve uploaded to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- Create smart playlists and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- Play audio CDs.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC.
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Discover and download Podcasts.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm and Amazon.
- Native desktop notifications on Linux (libnotify) and Mac OS X (Growl).
- Remote control using an Android device, a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.