Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope your day is going fine, mine is alright. I am just keeping myself busy and awake by streaming some YouTube albums, lol you gotta love YouTube right? Anyway, please read on…
Today on this article, we will tell you how to easily uninstall Skype from your Macbook or iMac computers and it also includes a guide if you want to quickly reinstall Skype for Mac.
- Quit Skype by selecting Skype > Quit Skype.
- Open your Applications folder and drag your copy of Skype to the trash.
- Then open ~/Library/Application Support * and drag the Skype folder to the trash. The ~ sign represents your home folder. To find your home folder, open Finder and, from the menu bar, select Go > Home.
Important: If you’d like to keep your chat and call history, skip this step.
- Open ~/Library/Preferences and drag com.skype.skype.plist to the trash.
- Open Finder and search for “Skype” using the search feature in Mac OS X. Move all of the results returned to the trash.
- Click Ctrl and the trash icon, and select Empty Trash.
- Restart your computer.
- Download and install the latest version of Skype.
*By default, the Library folder is hidden in Mac OS X v10.7 “Lion” and higher. To find your Library folder, open Finder and, from the menu bar, select Go, press and hold the option key, and then select Library.
Note: Read our guide if you decide to install Skype for Mac again.