Best Action Games For Mac
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day so far. My day is going quiet good, our company that funds and operates this web site, Oxavi Group Inc, has shown tremendous growth as we enter the final quarter of the year so this means good things are going to happen to MacHeat.com – Expect even more content and prizes for you loyal visitors! MacHeat.com is barely a month old but we already have over 900 subscribers to our newsletter. So I just want to say thank you to everyone who continues to visit this site, if you would like to work with us or if you would like for us to promote your app, contact us.
Besides the good news, today we take a look at the best shooting games, action games ever released for macOS. The only thing that I have to remind you is that all of these games will require you to install STEAM which will enable you to download the mentioned games, trust me it’s worth it, just try it before you knock it!
Does Mac Have Fun Action Games?
Yes, seriously, it really does have fun action games. We are not in 2008 anymore and the major game developers have started to port or convert their games over to Apple’s OS X in huge numbers. You can now play many of the very popular Windows Games on your Mac without much of a difference. The Steam engine has further stepped up the gaming on Macs and it is great. Look at my list of the best action games below, download the game and enjoy them.
This game as #1 should really come that much as a surprise to even the most hardcore gamers out there. Counter-Strike is still one of most popular games ever made and it’s because it is f’n awesome! I started playing CS way back in the day when I was in my youth lol, I mean I started playing it when it was still in Beta, before Valve even bought the game, imagine that!? I was honestly one of the best players in the world with a kill to death ratio of 3 to 1. That’s impressive, go ahead, ask anyone. Alright alright, enough of my bragging rights but go ahead and download this game if you haven’t played it, you will love it.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) expands upon the team-based action game-play that it pioneered when it was launched 14 years ago. CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). CS:GO features new maps, characters, and weapons. In addition, CS:GO introduces new game-play modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.
Counter-Strike: GO Gameplay Screenshot
#2. Play Volume
Locksley doesn’t kill. That would be far too easy. Instead, he commits his crimes through stealth. Sneaking, distracting, avoiding. As he grows in popularity and notoriety, so will his inventory. An arsenal of gadgets await discovery in a quest to rob from the rich and give to the unheard.
A hundred challenging and exciting levels lie ahead, but that is only the beginning of the Volume. The community is free to build their own challenges, even releasing their own takes on the core levels. Volume will evolve, warp and grow as players make their mark on Locksley’s legend.
Volume is a near-future retelling of the Robin Hood legend, starring Danny Wallace (Thomas Was Alone), Charlie McDonnell and award-winning, critically-acclaimed actor Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings, Planet of the Apes) as Gisborne.
- 100 levels of unapologetic stealth action featuring a suite of gadgets for use to avoid, distract and evade detection.
- Full set of content creation tools to build and share your own levels with the world.
- Full campaign playable using pre-made or user-generated levels.
Volume Gameplay Screenshot
Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008.
This co-operative action horror FPS takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns.
You’ll play as one of four new survivors armed with a wide and devastating array of classic and upgraded weapons. In addition to firearms, you’ll also get a chance to take out some aggression on infected with a variety of carnage-creating melee weapons, from chainsaws to axes and even the deadly frying pan.
You’ll be putting these weapons to the test against (or playing as in Versus) three horrific and formidable new Special Infected. You’ll also encounter five new uncommon common infected, including the terrifying Mudmen.
Helping to take L4D’s frantic, action-packed gameplay to the next level is AI Director 2.0. This improved Director has the ability to procedurally change the weather you’ll fight through and the pathways you’ll take, in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match your performance. L4D2 promises a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience every time the game is played, custom-fitted to your style of play.
- Next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
- Over 20 new weapons & items headlined by over 10 melee weapons – axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat – allow you to get up close with the zombies
- New survivors. New Story. New dialogue.
- Five expansive campaigns for co-operative, Versus and Survival game modes.
- An all new multiplayer mode.
- Uncommon common infected. Each of the five new campaigns contains at least one new uncommon common zombies which are exclusive to that campaign.
- AI Director 2.0: Advanced technology dubbed The AI Director drove L4D’s unique gameplay – customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players’ performance. L4D 2 features The AI Director 2.0 which expands the Director’s ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
- Stats, rankings, and awards system drives collaborative play
Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay Screenshots
#4. Play Insurgency
Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team’s survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivably lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.
- Over 20 weapons with numerous attachments, no crosshair, and a focus on realistic weapon behavior including a free-aim system and intense suppression effects.
- 27 multiplayer and cooperative maps that take place in 12 distinctive environments ranging from Iraq to Afghanistan to Somalia.
- 9 multiplayer game modes supporting up to 32 players, with a focus on territorial control, destroying weapon caches and escorting high value targets.
- 4 cooperative game modes where you and your friends team up to complete mission-based objectives.
- Offline practice mode, playing with bots on all game modes.
- Squad system built upon role-based player classes, which are customizable and asymmetrical based on what team you are on.
- Squad-based communication system which includes 3D VOIP, allowing friendly and enemy players within proximity to hear you.
- Overhead map detailing objective and teammate locations.
- Accumulate supply to customize and upgrade your gear, affecting your weight, stamina, and movement speed.
- Simplified HUD and UI for a clean, immersive user experience focused on the action and environments.
- Highly immersive particle FX and audio to intensify the game experience.
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK and scripting system.
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility.
Insurgency Gameplay Screenshot
Relic Hunters Zero is a FREE game about shooting evil space ducks and evil space turtles with tiny cute guns. It’s fast, it’s tactical, and feels delicious and smooth to play. Unlock new weapons, characters and relics to defeat the Ducan Commander.
This is 100% a labor of love from two developers. If you have a suggestion for the game, let them know – if they don’t do it, maybe the community itself will!
- “Updated Forever” – open development lets anyone contribute to the game’s future;
- Six playable characters;
- Local Co-Op for up to 2 players;
- Play with mouse and keyboard + Full Xbox360 gamepad support;
- Amazing lo-fi soundtrack by Goto80;
- 12-level “Adventure Mode” with unlockable items, characters and relics;
- Challenging “Endless Mode” with unique mechanics and economy;