MacBook Pro Catches Fire Like a… Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Smartphones overheating and eventually catching fire aren’t very common these days, but they aren’t surprising news either, especially after the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 saga.
But on the other hand, a laptop exploding all of a sudden while being used is certainly something that you don’t see very often. And when the laptop is made by Apple, the whole thing becomes even more alarming for everyone.
The MacBook Pro used by DJ White Panda caught fire while being used on his lap plugged in, “spewing smoke out both sides,” as he explains in a detailed posting on reddit.
While fortunately no one was injured, the fire caused some damage to White Panda’s home and triggered the smoke and CO alarms.
After taking the smoking laptop outside and letting it cool down for approximately an hour, the owner took it to the local Apple Store, with the staff there putting the devic… (read more)