How To Use Airdrop On Mac OS X
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I am doing fine, my Friday went well, I went out for a little bit, met a good a friend who I have been missing for awhile and we had a great time, but still I can’t wait til Saturday for some reason, just have to love waking up in the morning knowing that it’s f’n Saturday, I am right? Lol anyway, please read on…actually before that, can you please make a quick visit to our sister site https://www.WindowsMode.com If you have a Windows PC or if you are just ‘curious’, check out WindowsMode.com for the latest Windows 10 apps and Windows 10 games for download, all free. Thanks.
Today we will teach you how to use the AirDrop app to transfer files between your Macbook, iMac and your iPhone and iPad. Let’s find out what AirDrop is all about and if it is worth your time to learn.
What is AirDrop?
AirDrop is an app from Apple that allows you to easily and quickly transfer data across all iDevices(OSX/iOS). It uses both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. AirDrop made its Mac debut in OS X Lion and arrived on the iPad and iPhone with iOS 7. The iOS implementation allows users to easily share photos, videos and other supported documents to anyone nearby who is using a supported iOS device or Mac.
AirDrop Files from Mac to iPhone and iPad
To drop files from Mac to iPhone:
- From your Mac, select AirDrop from the Finder window
- Choose either to be seen by Everyone, or by those in your Contacts. By selecting to be seen by Everyone, your Mac has a higher chance of detecting all your available iDevices.
- From your iPhone/iPad, swipe up on Control Center and select AirDrop
- This should bring the iPhone/iPad in the Finder window on you Mac
- Drop images, photos, webpages, apps, and other data files on the icon of the iPhone/iPad. Your iDevices will immediately respond with an alert letting you know that a data file was being transferred.
- Simply select the alert to start the transfer.
AirDrop Files from iPhone & iPad to Mac
To connect AirDrop from your iPad/iPhone to a Mac, do the following:
- Open Airdrop in Finder window on Mac
- Swipe up on Control Center and tap on AirDrop to turn in on your iPhone/iPad
- Select Everyone to increase chance of working (you can choose contacts only later)
- Select and drop the file you want to AirDrop to Mac and drop it on the Mac icon in the AirDrop window.
- Tap on the Mac icon and the transfer will start (you might have to wait a few minutes and see Waiting on the finder window)
AirDrop Files from new Mac to old Mac
To find your old Mac and transfer files:
- Click “Don’t see who you’re looking for” in the AirDrop window in the sending Mac
- Select “Search for an Older Mac.”
- Open AirDrop in the receiving Mac in a new Finder window
- It will show the new Mac icon. Simply drag and drop the files!