How To Easily Search iTunes App Store Without iTunes
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. I can’t believe tomorrow is Friday, well I actually can, this week has been long as hell! Tomorrow I am not doing anything but relaxing! Anyway read on…
Today we will focus on the Apple App Store, that includes both the iOS App Store and OS X App Store. Many people have been wondering, can you browse iTunes App Store without iTunes? The answer is yes! I didn’t know it was possible until my little brother showed me how a few hours ago. I had to let you all know it is possible and it’s even easier than you are thinking. Here we go…
Why you might need an Online(web) iTunes Store:
- You use Linux while iTunes is only for Mac and Windows.
- You are behind a corporate firewall or working on a computer that doesn’t allow software installation.
- The iTunes Online store may not be available in your country.
Of course there are plenty of other reasons why one might not want to use iTunes to browse apps, these are just the top 3 that came to my mind. Below we finally give you some solutions.
1. Use Fnd.io
While the official website serves for browsing through the App Store, if you’re trying to find something specific, then Fnd is a much better option. It has a much more robust search, and it lets you choose the country you want results from as well. This is what you need to do:
1. Open the Fnd.io website > enter your search query in the big search bar > hit Enter.
2. Now you’ll see the top three search results in apps, music, movies, TV, books, Mac and podcasts. To see more results in any of these categories, you can either click the tab for the category, which is above the search results, or links such as “More Apps” that appear after the three results from the category.
#2. Use Apps.Vionza.com
If you’re looking for a specific app or want to browse the store, then these two methods are good enough. If you want fine control over the search results, then you need to use Vionza. For instance, if you want to only see apps priced between $0.99 and $3.99, or apps rated more than 4 stars, then Vionza is the best choice. This is how you make use of it:
1. Head to Vionza’s iOS App Store search page or you can also choose to browse just Mac Apps for your OS X.
2. Type the name of the app in the search bar > hit Enter or click Search. Now you’ll reach the results page. On the left-hand side, you’ll see sliders for price and ratings.
For awhile now, apple has actually allowed anyone to browse their app store without iTunes, they call these pages, iTunes Preview. But for some odd reason, they tend not to advertise or let you know about the online iTunes preview page. Actually it’s not odd at all, I understand what they are doing, they would rather you be forced to download their iTunes software than use their web-based version.
To make matters worse for those of you who don’t want to use iTunes, the iTunes preview pages are not all that well designed, one wrong click and you could literally lose your place, it’s as if the web site was designed for you NOT to like it, or maybe that’s just me? Lol anyway. It is still good enough if you don’t find our previous two solutions listed above enough, let me know if we need to add other websites/solutions by contacting us.
Quick Links: Top 5 iTunes Alternatives On Mac | Top 5 Photoshop Alternatives On OS X | Top 5 BitTorrent Apps On OS X | Top 5 Video Editor Apps For Ubuntu | Top 5 Mobile Device Management Apps | Download Chrome Remote Desktop App | Spoof Your MAC Address On Mac OS X | Find Your Mac OS X MAC Address | How To Easily Upgrade OS X Server | What Is An OS X Server | What Is A Mac Mini | What Is An iMac? | What Is A MacBook Air? | What Is A Mac Pro |Download Black Girl Wallpapers | Download Rolex Watch Wallpapers
Apple’s Post Of The Day: Top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives On Mac OS X