Search iTunes App Store Without iTunes
Hello everyone, you can now Search iTunes app store without iTunes installed on your computer, before you do that, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. I can’t believe tomorrow is Friday, well I actually can, this week has been long as hell! Tomorrow I am not doing anything but relaxing! Anyway read on…
Today we will focus on the Apple App Store, that includes both the iOS App Store and OS X App Store. Many people have been wondering, can you browse iTunes App Store without iTunes? The answer is yes! I didn’t know it was possible until my little brother showed me how a few hours ago. I had to let you all know it is possible and it’s even easier than you are thinking. Here we go…
Why you might need an Online(web) iTunes Store:
- You use Linux while iTunes is only for Mac and Windows.
- You are behind a corporate firewall or working on a computer that doesn’t allow software installation.
- The iTunes Online store may not be available in your country.
Of course there are plenty of other reasons why one might not want to use iTunes to browse apps, these are just the top 3 that came to my mind. Below we finally give you some solutions.
1. Use Fnd.io
While the official website serves for browsing through the App Store, if you’re trying to find something specific, then Fnd is a much better option. It has a much more robust search, and it lets you choose the country you want results from as well. This is what you need to do:
1. Open the Fnd.io website > enter your search query in the big search bar > hit Enter.
2. Now you’ll see the top three search results in apps, music, movies, TV, books, Mac and podcasts. To see more results in any of these categories, you can either click the tab for the category, which is above the search results, or links such as “More Apps” that appear after the three results from the category.
For awhile now, apple has actually allowed anyone to browse their app store without iTunes, they call these pages, iTunes Preview. But for some odd reason, they tend not to advertise or let you know about the online iTunes preview page. Actually it’s not odd at all, I understand what they are doing, they would rather you be forced to download their iTunes software than use their web-based version.
To make matters worse for those of you who don’t want to use iTunes, the iTunes preview pages are not all that well designed, one wrong click and you could literally lose your place, it’s as if the web site was designed for you NOT to like it, or maybe that’s just me? Lol anyway. It is still good enough if you don’t find our previous two solutions listed above enough, let me know if we need to add other websites/solutions by contacting us.