How To Easily Find Your IP Address On Mac OS X
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I am doing great, right now I am listening to some classic 1980’s music. Specifically I am listening to a song called “Every breath you take” by The Police. I know a lot of you have probably heard of it, isn’t it a classic? I am just in the mood for some 80’s music for some reason, lol anyway read on…
Today we will focus on how you can find your Mac’s Ip address or rather how you can find your IP address on any OS X device, this includes Mac Mini’s, iMacs, Mac Pro’s etc. Before we do that, lets first find out what exactly is an IP? What is it good for?
What Is An IP Address?
“An IP address is a fascinating product of modern computer technology designed to allow one computer (or other digital device) to communicate with another via the Internet.” – That’s what I got when I googled it, yeah not the best definition but it’s the one that makes the most sense. If that makes sense? Basically an IP address is sort of like a nickname your computer receives every time you connect online.
How To Find Your Mac’s IP Address
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Select Network. Your Mac’s network preferences appear, as shown below.
- From the sidebar, select an active network interface.
- Note: Every active network interface is assigned a different IP address. For example, if your Mac is connected to an ethernet cable and a wireless network, there is an IP address assigned to each network interface.
- Your Mac’s current IP address for the selected network interface is displayed in the Status section of the window, as shown above.
That’s about it, you have now located your IP Address for your Mac OS X device. It was easy, right?
Quick Links:Quick Time Error Codes For OS X | Manager Error Codes For OS X | General Error Codes For OS X | What Is OS X El Capitan? | What Is OS X Yosemite? | How To Easily Upgrade OS X Server | What Is An OS X Server | What Is A Mac Mini | What Is An iMac? | What Is A MacBook Air? | What Is A Mac Pro | What Is OS X El Capitan | Download Black Girl Wallpapers | Download Rolex Watch Wallpapers
Apple’s Post Of The Day: How To Easily Find Your Mac OS X MAC Address